Re: [Amc-list] modern six in an old-six hole

Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> 2.5L and a turbo or a belt driven supercharger of your choice.
> AMC all the way!
> Bolts to many different trannies of your choice, many! I found a thread I did not think to book mark recently that shows all the different trannies that will bolt up to the AX15 and AX 5 bells and there is a bunch of stuff out there.
> The 154 [IIRC, yota] trans is ideal!
> The automatic of choice is an AW4.

Yeah, but I'm so busy it's not thinkable. But I will think about it...
:-) and hope to get to the yard this weekend to look and see. The 2.5L
is on no one's list of performance motors, but that car is super light,
and it's gotta ahve the same power as the heavy thing in there now, and
far more possibilities for improvement.

But that old 195.6OHV is a really nice motor to have behind the gas
pedal. That old fashioned torque curve is just perfectly suited to the
chassis. Nash knew what they were doing.

I'm in no hurry (unless the motor tosses parts, or the trans fails again...)

>   You could make it scream, get great mpg and have a blast!

I got 22 mpg average, every fillup totalled, since 1 Jan this year. If I
drive carefully on the highway, 60-65mph, it gets 23, 24 mpg. Not bad
for an old sh*tbox!