Re: [Amc-list] Replacing dashboard light?

There are a number of different ones available through NAPA. If you can get ahold of the Echlin picture book and look through the DJ series of switches (DJ = Door Jam) You can also check out http://napaonline.com and find the link near the top to PartsProSE you can input the numbers one at a time and see what comes up in the picture guide (I think the oldest is DJ10 and highest number is DJ89 but I haven't looked lated. Older car stuff is closer to the lower numbers generally but not always)

From: Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Amc-list] Replacing dashboard light?
To: realtorbill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, "AMC/Rambler owners,     drivers and fans."

Does it have switches in the jambs?
If so and you want to replace them it is kind of a pain as from what I have found there are no easy to fit interchanges out there. The hole is too big and the modern equivilents all thread in.
  I alwasy keep an eye out for good Rambler switches and grab them when I see them!
In my American I have one from and American I parted out that works, I parted out 3 cars and adding the count for my car being car number four that makes ONE good switch from four cars!  The second switch is wired different, but fit the same size hole. It came from the 990H flood Ambassador.
   I will not have two good switches for the convertible when it is done.  I'm thinking since it is a ground up rebuild I will likely go aheand and fit it's jambs for thread in switches that I will be able to get! I never thought about it while doing the American or it too would have had the holes welded up and resized for better switch availability.

   Anyone know of an easy to get swithc that does fit?

  On a last note, the factory switches are a crapy design too, the metal in the contacts it to thin and they easily wear out or distort and if you try to bend them to work they often break off.

--
Mark Price