Re: [Amc-list] Replacing dashboard light?

Sounds like a bad body ground (battery to frame) to me. You can get Popsicle sticks with the sandpaper already on them. They are used for fingernails. I use a little flexible gooseneck LED light I picked up from Schmucks (CSK) taped to my steering column in my '81 Chev C20 tow rig (till I get around to ripping the dash apart to fix it and the gas gauge)

From: Tom Jennings
Subject: Re: [Amc-list] Replacing dashboard light?
To: "AMC/Rambler owners, drivers and fans."

Bruce Griffis wrote:
> Well, replacing the bulb was extremely simple.

Cheater!!

> Dashboard light still
> isn't working, though. I turn on the headlights, turn the dimmer
> switch counterclockwise and clockwise - and the dashboard light does
> not come on.

You mean general dash illumination lights?

> I noticed that the dome light comes one when I open the door, but does
> not come on when I turn the headlight switch all the way
> counterclockwise - I think it's supposed to.

Contacts on every ANC headlight switch I've ever seen were crapped up
and didn't work.I got them to work on my American by extracting the
headligh switch from the dash (not tat hard) and cleaning the contacts
with a popsicle stick and 500 grit sandpape