Re: [Amc-list] Replacing dashboard light?

Bruce Griffis wrote:

> So, I'm thinking it's probably just a light behind the dash somewhere.
> How do I figure which light is for the speedometer / dashboard? How do
> I get at it? I don't have to do anything goofy like remove the
> dashboard, do I?

Lay on the seat with your head on the hump. Slide in so that your head
is resting uncomfortably on the pedals. Small 2 AA cell Magligt helps
here. Stare at the backside of the dusty gauce cluster PC board and
figure out which ones are NOT dash illumination. (eg. GEN and OIL.) Then
use the arm you have with three elbows and take each one out and replace
them.

You do have three elbows, right?

I'm serious about the proceedure otherwise.

Another way to this is to get your head under there with a ligt and
simply stare at everything, then slouched onto the hump, rech your arm
under and swap bulbs by feel. THats what I do most of the time. (THe
ones to the far side fo the connector are turn signal and upper left
llunination, etc.)

I strongly suggest changing every single bulb -- the funcioning ones are
certainly old and metallized inside (the filaments evaporate and grey
the glass, and just how many times do you want to do this job??!!