Re: [Amc-list] Replacing dashboard light?

Re: [Amc-list] Replacing dashboard light?

It sure sounds like the headlight switch but it could be a bad ground at
the light switch. The dash lights and one of the dome light grounds are
part of the switch.

Matt

On 10/11/2008 3:38 PM, Bruce Griffis spouted this sage advice:
> Well, replacing the bulb was extremely simple. Dashboard light still
> isn't working, though. I turn on the headlights, turn the dimmer
> switch counterclockwise and clockwise - and the dashboard light does
> not come on.
>
> I noticed that the dome light comes one when I open the door, but does
> not come on when I turn the headlight switch all the way
> counterclockwise - I think it's supposed to.
>
> Anyway - light is replaced. Still doesn't work. Wondering if it's the
> headlight switch. Time to read the TSM.

mhaas@xxxxxxx
Cincinnati, OH
http://www.mattsoldcars.com