[Amc-list] modern six in an old-six hole

[Amc-list] modern six in an old-six hole

Having just done the trans again in the American, I'm reminded that the
engine, though it's running fine, is of course running on borrowed time.
It drips oil all over. It's old! Rebuilt, "low miles", but drippy! I
hate drippy motors, I really should yank it and do it all right.

But from my current exhausted, overloaded, overworked state, if I could
even think I could get a 232 (or whatever) into the early AMerican, I
would do it. I like the 195.6OHV, and would love to "play" with it, but
it would be nice to have that engine in there.

I figure it needs another 6+ inches of room, lengthwise. Passenger side
clearances look OK, driver side is a problem, mainly the manifolds.
Hell, if the block would go in I'd make an intake manifold from scratch,
BFD!