Re: [Amc-list] 7 Main Bearing engine into 62 Classic

Matt Haas wrote:
> Tom,
>
> The T-14 is a much, much beefier transmission. It is also physically
> bigger (and heavier) than the T-96. The easiest way to tell the two
> apart is to look at the case. The T-96 has "T-96" (followed by a letter)
> cast into it and the T-14 has "T-14" cast into it.

Oh yeah, I have one of 'em too. It's bigger, but not night and day
different, like the T-150.

Check out T-14 vs. T-96 in an exploded diagram -- same pocket bearings
between the inpunt and output, same case layout, same countershaft
almost, same bearing setup, and I can tell you, I did the side-by-side,
you could machine the T-14 to attach a T-96 R10 adapter to it! (You'd
need an OD T-14 output shaft).