Re: [Amc-list] 7 Main Bearing engine into 62 Classic

Re: [Amc-list] 7 Main Bearing engine into 62 Classic

Andy,

   Thanks for the feedback.

   I have tried beating on the shift levers on the transmission.
I am about 300 pounds and used a BFH and swung hard and could not dislodge
them -
tried both directions with both levers. I have come to the conclusion that
someone
either was playing Speed Racer, or did not know that 1st gear is
non-synchro.
The case is encrusted in grease, which tells me that it is likely that
something
happened with the trans to cause the grease to leak out - perhaps suddenly!

   The Grem definitely has the bigger pattern trans bolted up to the bell,
but I can tell it is the mult pattern bell. IIRC, the T14 has the smaller
trans front bolt pattern.

   I had been thinking about using the 150T lower bolt holes to mount the
insulator.
It will have to be a thin one - will only have about 1/2" between the top
of the
rear crossmember and the bottom of the middle of the multi-bell. Of course
I could try
placing a mount on each side, which would allow about 1" total.

   Thanks again for the input.

   I would be surprised if nobody did this one before...hoping someone has
tried it.

Jim