Re: [Amc-list] Early 80's 4-cyl bellhousing

A 5 speed from an S10 (2wd of course!) should bolt up.

From: adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Sandwich Maker)
Subject: Re: [Amc-list] Early 80's 4-cyl bellhousing
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
" From: "oldcars@xxxxxxxxx"
"
" One more question...
"
" I have an 81 Concord 4 cyl 4 speed, which has been laid up for a long
" while.
" I have to fix the clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder, and replace
" the windshield.
"
" However, I came across a T-86 with overdrive
"
" I would love to team up the overdrive with the 4 cylinder, so it would have
" good
" crusing mileage.
"
" Are there any other patterns likely to be drilled into the bell, or only
" the SR4/T4/T5?

that may be the only one drilled, but if it's a multipattern it'll
have places for the t150/t176/7/8 and t14/t96, and t18 too i'll bet.
but none of those match the t86, and afaik the bell is too shallow
also - the t86 needs deep bells like the t10, t89, and t15.

but why the t86 in the first place?  t5s have o/d [5th] and there are
toploader overdrives [from '70s granadas] that'll bolt up too.

in addition, that 4-cyl is a poncho with a chevy sbc bolt pattern, so
there are many trannies with o/d top gears you could opt for if you
used a gm bell.

trans-dapt - if they're still around - may have a gm bell to t86
adapter originally intended for engine swaps.