Re: [Amc-list] Early 80's 4-cyl bellhousing

Re: [Amc-list] Early 80's 4-cyl bellhousing

" From: "oldcars@xxxxxxxxx" <oldcars@xxxxxxxxx>
"
" Andy,
"
"     The T-86 with overdrive was given to me years ago. I believe it
" originally came from a Studebaker from the 50's or 60's. It has
" side-mounted shift levers.
" I will have to check the input shaft length - it looks like the same as an
" AMC.

ford also used t-86s, with o/d, until '67.  that was their last year.
iirc the whole '60s engine swap madness - eg.trans-dapt et al -
started with jeepers hybridizing the t86 in their willys wagons to put
ford v8s in.

btw afaik both the t87 and t90 are variations.

also, the t86 bolt pattern is not the same as the t96 and car t14.

"     The SR4 has a top gear ratio of 1:1....trying to get O/D to make the
" car even more practical to drive.

that makes sense.

given the deep sr4 1st gear, you could also raise the axle ratio...