Re: [Amc-list] Strut rod eliminators

Added note to my comments about the strut rod eliminators,
I got to thinking that maybe this still isn't the true answer........

Theory......
if the front suspension is set up to have little to no bump steer input,
throughout the full travel up and down,
they must be moving in a relatively perfectly vertical up and down motion,
with
very little to none forward to back or inward and outward at the top or
bottom wheel movement.

If there is no forward to back give in a strut rod eliminator, when the
suspension hits full jounce or rebound,
because the length of the strut rod is inflexible, and should in fact
increase as the suspension moves out of
aligned ride height,  the wheel will move back, changing castor settings and
creating bump steer.

Now this effect should be minimal if the up and down travel of the wheel is
minimal like on a relatively smooth road course.

does that make sense?

Armand