From: Joe Fulton
Subject: Re: [Amc-list] So - how do you adjust valve lash hot and
	running?
To: "AMC/Rambler owners, drivers and fans."

Bruce,

Adusting the valves like to did with the engine running is fine.  You will develop a feel or "touch" for how tight the valve stem grips the feeler gauge with the engine running.  I'd say you did good and if you have no excessive valve noise, they are almost assuredly close enough.  However, you can (with the warmed up and turned engine off) roll the engine manually and re-check the valves individually.  Warm it up and learn how to check that the lifter is on the base circle of the cam when you are checking the valve adjustment.

Joe Fulton