--------
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 12:31:34 -0400
From: "Bruce Griffis" <bruce.griffis@xxxxxxxxx>

It's a 1965 Cast Iron 195.6 OHV. Page 3 of the TSM has a pic of
adjusting the valve lash on the 195.6OHV. I could really use a video,
darn.

I think I'll double check what I did and try and take a quick digital
film. My camera is good for a few minutes worth of video - and that
should be enough to show adjusting one or two valves.

So: warm up engine
      figure out intake versus exhaust
      pop off valve cover
      restart engine
      set intake to .012, exhaust to .016
          (turning towards radiator to tighten, towards firewall to
loosen? or the other way around? I gotta go turn some to double check)
      if still noisy, tighten up the tolerances a bit

I did stand in front of the car and reach back. I think I broke a
cardinal rule of working on cars, by leaning over a running fan. Major
idiot move. I'll have to hit them from the side.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"