Re: [Amc-list] now hubs and brakes, was, rusted drums

Re: [Amc-list] now hubs and brakes, was, rusted drums

Where's your sense of adventure!

Save hubs!
always.
Most all the newer conversions are based off the hub alone.

last swap I heard puts 2002 2wd explorer rotors on my list of things to check out.
heard the XJ, TJ and YJ Jeepers are using.
99-04 WJ Grand Cherokee Steering knuckles, weld on spacers to the knuckles.
97-01 XJ hubs or redrilled WJ Hubs.
2002 2wd Explorer Rotors
2002-04 WJ Calipers and brackets for big brakes on the fronts of XJ"s.

I want to spec those rotors to see what they look like in numbers compared to some others out there.
I know they should be 12"ers, but what else they have besides that and a 4.5" bolt pattern I don't know yet.

I also read at least one guy used 02 Explorer rotor and Mustang Bullet calipers on an XJ.

I still need to do that rear brake stuff on the American, but I've forced myself to leave it be.
I need to concentrate on one thing at a time.
the American is running and driving, I'm not touching it till I get some other stuff done.

--
Mark Price
Morgantown, WV

From: Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>
Make sure though you don't hammer on the HUB, if you bend that, then