Re: [Amc-list] So - how do you adjust valve lash hot and running?

I haven't been paying attention to what motor. Are you sure it's not hydraulic lifters?

From: "Bruce Griffis"
Subject: [Amc-list] So - how do you adjust valve lash hot and running?
To: "AMC/Rambler owners, drivers and fans."

Got the Rambler running and figured out why no power when warmed up
(choke). We fixed that, fixed some leaks - and are back on the road
(more or less). My son and I set the valve lash with the car cold. We
added .002 to the warm running settings per recommendations. We
re-torqued the head, so it's time to address the valves again.

Here is what I did - tell me if I went wrong.
I took out the TSM and drew a picture of the block, marking intake and
exhaust valves. Drew the lines like in the TSM. Then simply wrote down
the number (with 1 as the closet to the front, 12 by the firewall),
and wrote down one row for intake, a second row for exhaust. Wrote
down the settings (.012 for intake, .016 for exhaust - I think, the
paper is in the garage).

I popped off the valve cover and started it up. With the engine
running, I put a feeler gauge between the valve and the rocker arm on
number 1, and set valve lash so I could move the feeler gauge in and
out, but felt a little draw on it. I moved along and did all the
intake valves in the same manner. After doing intake and adjusting
each pushrod a little tighter or a little looser, I then went and did
all the exhaust valves to .016.

Is that the deal? Any tricks or gotchas? Other than watch your
fingers? The car is still louder than it should be, and I'm not
exactly sure if the valves aren't adjusted correctly, or if I need to
use some of the "Right Stuff" and redo the gaskets on the access
plates.