Re: [Amc-list] The Green Weenie update or what to do after dark

Re: [Amc-list] The Green Weenie update or what to do after dark

> Removed the heater blower motor and the little thingy that looks like a
> resistor in a cage, any body know what the function of that is??  Also the
> blower motor has a tube going out of the motor into where the squirrel cage
> is. Any one know why the tube is there??

That resistor is the motor-speed resistor... in the air flow to cool it.
The tube runs air into the motor to cool it...

> I noticed a tube running from the A/C coil under the dash to out the top of
> the transmission tunnel. Not sure I like that...........

Oh yeah you do... :-)

Water condensed out of the air by the A/C unit's gotta go somehere, and
there's a lot of it! Would pee a big puddle on your rug without that
hole. Most cars have a knockout there, my Classic wagon did, I managed
to remember to poke it out before I installed the under dash unit.

> don't really want water dumping onto my nice T5.

Eh, it's all greasy anyways :-)