Re: [Amc-list] The Green Weenie update or what to do after dark

Re: [Amc-list] The Green Weenie update or what to do after dark

> From: Armand Eshleman <aje1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [Amc-list] The Green Weenie update or what to do after dark
> To: "AMC/Rambler owners, drivers and fans." <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Monday, September 29, 2008, 7:21 PM
> Some where a long long time ago some one mentioned that AMC
> (and other
> manufacturers too) weren't afraid to paint their
> plastic parts and others
> for that matter.....
> I found several interior pieces that were red under black.

I have found that too.  Black plastic parts for a Pacer painted red.

> Removed the heater blower motor and the little thingy that
> looks like a
> resistor in a cage, any body know what the function of that
> is??

That's the flux capacitor.  Takes many gigawatts of power to make it operate.  Anybody remember how many gigawatts?

> I noticed a tube running from the A/C coil under the dash
> to out the top of
> the transmission tunnel. Not sure I like that...........
> don't really want water dumping onto my nice T5. What
> should I do there
> route it around and underneath???

Amc dumped the a/C pee in that location for many model years.  Your transmision hump (on the white boy) might have a knockout plate in that location so you might not have to drill any holes.

> heads here we
> come...........I now have four of those heads so with any
> luck I should be
> able to get two good heads or with some fantastic luck
> maybe all four will
> be good!!!

Good luck on the heads. They are somewhat prone to cracking on the lower "ledges".  I have had good luck with most 4 of the 6 I have possessed.

Joe Fulton