[Amc-list] New arrival "Rusty" or maybe "Green Weenie"

[Amc-list] New arrival "Rusty" or maybe "Green Weenie"

Some how I managed to acquire another 70 Javelin SST today. It's green with
a black interior,
It has a 360 (291C heads) (tag is still on the passenger side valve cover)
and a BW cast iron automatic.
It's pretty much a rust pile, the troughs are at least 75%  gone.
Both rear quarters behind the wheels are gone inside and out.
There's holes in the rocker panels on the inside, you can see them from the
passenger area.
The car had a half vinyl roof, I tore the last of the shreds off today, all
the stainless trim is there for that, and it looks good or easily
restorable.
There are little arm rests with ash trays in them for the rear seat
passengers. I've never seen that before. Sadly one ashtray is missing.
All glass is there but the windshield has white "crazing" around the edges,
rear window looks good. Door glass is scratched as usual. Quarter glass
looks OK.
The rear bumper looks pretty good and, will be used to replace the bumper on
the Frost White Javelin, which was damaged before I bought the car.
The drivers side fender is bent pretty bad as is the passenger quarter, on
top of all the rust. The passenger fender looks good so far. A good spare or
sell it on ebay.
The passenger door looks pretty good too, the lips at the bottom aren't
gone. Didn't remember to look at the drivers side, I'll do that tomorrow
too. Both doors have issues with the window crank mechanism and loose
windows. Quarter glass cranks are very stiff.
Both door latches work OK. Passenger side is missing the inner door release
lever. Both door lock levers gone.
The roof under the half vinyl is OK, the area below and behind the back
window looks intact. Didn't look for rear speakers.
Windshield and back window stainless trim looks good.
Rocker stainless trim needs a little straightening but then will be OK.
Interior is pretty used up, but I think I'll try to restore the dash anyway
just to learn how. Headliner is sagging and full of mice nests, gotta get
rid of that tomorrow. Strange thing about the headliner is that it's not the
same as the original headliner in the Frost White Javelin I have. Build date
on the white one is DEC 1969.
Dont' know the build date on the green one.
The main reason I bought the car is because all the A/C stuff is there. I
haven't got it out of the car yet, so I hope I didn't waste my money on
parts that are total scrap. I am hopeful that I will be able to restore all
the pieces and have a good reliable A/C for the white Javelin.
The plan is to use the original A/C parts and pieces except for that clunker
compresser. I will try to adapt a compresser that's a bit more efficient and
uses less horsepower. I know there was a big discussion on this last summer,
so if you want to refresh me on that please do so.

Thanks for listening, and if you want parts let me know. The green car is
going to be parted out to pay for it's purchase, but it may not go to the
scrap pile. After I have it tore down a decision will be made as to wether
this is the Pensker Donohue # SIX Trans AM clone or scrap.

Take care all and thanks for listening,

Armand