Re: [Amc-list] Moates' APU1 "AutoPROM" system.... for OBD1

Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I'm clueless mostly, though it intrigues me.
>
> I should probably look into it as I can solder even with a bad shoulder.

The thing is, you don't really need to know electronics to hack on these
GM ECMs, or Megasquirt, if you get an assembled/tested kit. You do need
to do car electric stuff, but you know that.

Basically it's divide-and-conquer diagnostics, and wading through all
the confusing crap out there. The GM ECM, and I'm sure all the others
like it, have to work in the WORST POSSIBLE envionments. They made
millions of these things, and they're as reliable as anything, and
better than most.

Man, if you can REALLY tune a carburetor, I mean like get all the
various circuits working, like a Weber's major tunable systems, this is
the same, logically speaking. It's about as subjective and "squishy" but
  unlike a carb, things have hard and fast reasons for happening, not
like "a nick in the emulsion tube" type crap.

> Speakingof which, I surrendered.
> I have a dr. appt today at 3:00.
> I need to know if there is something going wrong with the replacement or if I'm screwed.
> I'm not waiting 2 more frikkin months without bitching about it...D#^n thing hurts...

Damn, it sounded like this was improving. I'd be scared too, and pissed off!