Re: [Amc-list] Moates' APU1 "AutoPROM" system.... for OBD1

Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> IIRC, TBI is pre OBD I,

Huh... but it does have an ALDL connector and spits out codes and all
that crap... ?

> but the nomenclature takes a while to learn and Tom is stuck in the 60's....

HEY! I resemble that remark!!

> It is possible it merged in OBD I system style in later years, would not take much to make it fit if they wanted to get it uniform across the different model lines.

Maybe that's what happened... as I dig through all the crap on the net
(and there is a lot of confusing crap) the thing itself isn't THAT bad.
I wonder if the TBI computers were made OBD1-like enough for easier
maintenance?

I suppose I ought to find some GM documentation.