Re: [Amc-list] Progress, sort of

ve any ideas on an easy bushing to use in the foot pedal levers?
>>   That's my only real sticking point right now. I know I can come up with
>> something, but if anyone has a tried solution I'm all ears.
>>    As always, cheap and strong are the key points!

If I can picture the joint I'd come up with something, even if it was
bad! What's the pivot need to do? Sometimes what seems easy fails when
there's forces in two planes. Anything works when all the forces are in
one plane, but for things like a bellcrank, the rottional force is easy,
but the diagonal force eats the bushing!

I think this is what eats AMC door hinges; the bearing surface is small,
and the door weight which applies at 45 degrees more or less, pinches
the stupid crap GM bushing. If it was square-on it might last, but it
pinches the top of the tiny bushing area and pincers it in half.

I once took a pair of door hinges, had a local shop weld in 7/16" nuts,
then I drill-pressed it straight through both nuts and the hinge for a
1/2" bolt as a pin! In my head I recall drilling each 'nut' for a zerk
but I think in the real world I forgot to do that...

THAT door didn't klunk around!

So spread the force over a long shaft, that way you don't have to work
it out. Brute force is the most subtle trick some times.