[Amc-list] Tighten up that hind end....

Well I'm happy to let you guys know I've finally gotten a hold of a set of
2.73 gears for the AMC model 20 axle.
I have a Trac Loc (is that the same as a Twin Grip?? just Jeep style??)
differential that's supposed to fit the 2.73
gear ratio. Apparently this differential will only work with the 2.73
gearset.
I was reading in the TSM about servicing this unit. The TSM calls out for
the use of many special tools, have any of you guys figured out how to
service the twin grip carrier without using all those tools??
How about getting the hubs off the axles??
How is that done without using a hub puller??
Is there a secret way to get the old bearings off of axles, carriers, etc.
without a bearing plate and a press??
I've seen a guy use a torch to clip the bearing race and then just knock
what's left off, I'm not sure I can do that without
screwing things up, because I haven't used a torch very much lately.
Advise is solicited and welcomed....

Thanks,

Armand

P.S. Remember Rambler Mentality is rampant around these parts of the
country..........