[Amc-list] FOR SALE: 6 cyl L-head & Trans

[Amc-list] FOR SALE: 6 cyl L-head & Trans

i had todo an engine swap on a 61 classic cross country a year and a half ago. was going to just put in the 196 out of my parts 62 classic 2 door. the torque converter wouldnt go onto the crank of the man trans 196 from the 62. had to pull the crank out of the 61 196, and put it in the good 62 196. it all ended up working. funny thing however, i think one of the ULTIMATE rambler mentality moves, he didnt want to buy new bearings, rods or mains. so, he wanted me to swap the mains/rods from the 61 engine that went with the 61 crank, into the 62 rods/block.... suprisingly, the clearances were well... OK. and it ran pretty well. just thought that was pretty cheap....

dave stohler
my rambler pics@
http://picasaweb.google.com/das24rules