[Amc-list] 258 Exhaust/muffler sizes

Hello, I am building a performance 258 for my american. I am trying to gather all necessary parts before taking out the old drive train, which is a 196ohv. I have nearly all of the big stuff; a 1972 258 block milled.010, bored .050, 4.0 rods, buick 3.8L recessed pistons(to match comp. height), moly(top) rings, head milled .060(it had a thin steel gasket), mild port and polish, hardened exhaust seats, stock size SI undercut stem valves, small(411/413) crower cam,springs,and retianers, '83 intake/exhaust manifolds, autolite 2150 1.21 carb.  I've also got a t5 and a ranger 3.55 rear end. I Know there is a lot more stuff I need like a distributor and such. But what I would would like to know is what is the stock exhaust/muffler size of the 258. I'd like to go a little larger, but it has to be quiet or  really mellow. All comments or advice would be appreciated.      THANK YOU,  Matthew Walter