Re: [Amc-list] Rambler six comma fast

" From: Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx
"
" Been thinking on that bellhousing issue.
"
" []
"
" That cast iron bell of Sandwich maker's sounds like the ideal piece
" if you can find a deep T-10 to match it up to.
"
" []
"
" One of the things that keeps me from looking for a stick for the 327
" is the deep bellhousing makes getting a trans to fit a be-yotch...

remember, doug nash made amc-pattern 5sp trannies.  afaik the only
really unique part was the input shaft, but it isn't available any
more.  otoh if you can find one, i'll bet it'd fit the dne/richmond
6sp too.

putting the dne 5sp into a torque-tube car would be challenging...
but afaik they make 4wd versions - start with that, make an adapter
between the t/c flange and the tt bushing, run a 2wd mainshaft.  the
main case is long but i don't think the overall length is big - short
tailshaft.