Re: [Amc-list] Rambler six comma fast

Been thinking on that bellhousing issue.
If your bound and determined to use that early block.
1st make a nice think shield for around your bell to keep your pretty little feet intact.
Second, biggest clutch that'll fit.
Third and easiest, use period correct bias ply ,as smooth as you can get tires!
That way instead of loading the trans and dirveline hard, you'll smoke the tires.
Fun, and great stress reliever too!!!

That cast iron bell of Sandwich maker's sounds like the ideal piece if you can find a deep T-10 to match it up to.
Not sure you want to put that kind of power into a T5 and overdrive probably won't be that big a deal with a roadster type prototype car. Though maybe it will.

One of the things that keeps me from looking for a stick for the 327 is the deep bellhousing makes getting a trans to fit a be-yotch...

Plus this crappy shoulder. I'm so glad I ditched the stick shift DD.
My WJ is fun anyway, surprisingly zippy.
I'd daydreamed a few times about dropping a 4.7L in the Ambassador.
But like you I got an itch to use up some of the parts I have laying around.

Sure wish someone would take and interest in some of them as I doubt I'll ever use'em all up!
I've got the ability to build 3 327's and a 287 sitting around here. May have ot gut some of the pieces from the 287 to do three full running 327's though.

--
Mark Price
Morgantown, WV

From: Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>