Re: [Amc-list] overheating, and Smokey

 > i've heard of compound engines where the smaller combustion cylinder
 > exhausted into a larger cylinder for further expansion, but if they
 > really worked all that well we'd all have heard a lot about them.

Actually compound engines work extremely well.  They are very
common designs of steam engines.  I've never heard internal
combustion engines being built that way, but I suppose they could.
They would require a pretty strange looking block though as the
usual rule is the low pressure cylinder has twice the diameter of
the high pressure cylinder.  Picture a four inch piston next to an
eight inch piston!

Cheers,  Dave