Re: [Amc-list] Disc Brake conversion troubles - 71 AMX

Re: [Amc-list] Disc Brake conversion troubles - 71 AMX

" From: moparmaniac440@xxxxxxx
"
"
" Help!  Well, I bought a 'complete disc brake conversion' off of e-bay
" and apparently it is from a 77 Gremlin.  One of the many problems is
" the steering knuckle clearance.  Does anyone have a steering knucle
" for a 77 Gremlin.  That should clear up the disc brake conversion
" problems, but I also need a power brake adapter where the booster
" mounts to the firewall and a longer rod for the vacuum booster.  If
" anyone has one or a knows of where I can get these parts, it would be
" greatly appreciated!

these should be 'big bearing' [#15/#16] spindles, right?  rotors are
getting expensive.  simple fix would be '79-'83 spindles [#6/#2
bearings]; their rotors are half the price of '77-8 ones. i don't know
but wouldn't be surprised if these spindles are the same as early '70s
disk or even some drum spindles.