Re: [Amc-list] Mechanical (analog) temperature gauges

Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I used to run nothing but mechanicals too, till I had to do engine work and got frustrated with the cap tubes on the temp gauge and the oil line on the pressure guage.

Mainly i'm with you on this one. I did oil capillary and ammeter into
the pass. compartment in the past, both were ultimately bad ideas,
leaks, voltage drop, shorts, ...! Ugh. Juice pouring out when you have
to disconnect etc. But yeah, wiring.

I originally bought the Summit water temp gauge (mechanical) to attach
to the case of the BW 35 transmission, since I was NOT gonna drop the
pan to drill for a sender, and I didn't want to wire down there, etc.
I've since bought a mechanical OIL temp gauge (350 degree max) for that.
I'm gonna silicone it to a nice spot on the case I identified and
insulate it. Will be plenty good enough.

The mech. water gauge, since I have it new and heat is always an issue
on my road trips I figured I'd install it.

Dave, Sunpro sounds good -- the Summit gauge mech. sender needs a 5/8"
pipe-threaded hole! THat's huge! I overlooked that a 3/8" to 5/8"
adapter will do the job, and there's a 3/8" pipe hole in the manifold so
that will work. What the hell has a 5/8" hole in it? Must be that damned
Brand C motor.