----------------------
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2008 10:06:28 -0700
From: Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>

That little lower A-arm system on the early Americans -- how strong is
it?! I mean, with 8" of modern rubber tread and huge-a** brakes, could I
stress it harmfully? 9x2 drums with skinny old pencil eraser 1960's
tires aren't exactly like a cogged railway.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"