[Amc-list] SCORE!!! (i think??....) -- 58-63 American front end

Glad I put the years in there! Yes, the 64-69 American/Javelin/AMX trunnion is a totally different beast with rubber bushings. You can get rebuilt trunnions ready to bolt in for around $125 each assuming you have rebuildable cores from AMC vendors. You can also get replacement urethane bushing kits and rebuild yourself, don't recall the price though. $250 for rebuilt ones sounds like a lot, but it's much cheaper than replacing the front end with some other type suspension, and the new ones last longer than the originals, which in your car are 41 years old now! So for $250 you should be set for 50-60 years...

------------
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 04:35:03 -0700 (PDT)
From: Davis Martin <martin-davis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Thanks Frank. Although I have no idea what your talking about as I have not taken one apart yet. I am talking about 1967 so I guess it would be a newer trunion setup. Would the AMX  trunions be the same? I have only ever worked on 70 and up stuff.
   Davis

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"