Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 10:38:42 -0400 (EDT)
From: adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Sandwich Maker)
Subject: Re: [Amc-list] SCORE!!! (i think??....) -- 58-63 American
	front end

" From: Davis Martin <martin-davis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" I am talking about 1967 so I guess it would be a newer trunion setup.
" Would the AMX trunions be the same? I have only ever worked on 70 and
" up stuff.

yup, '64-9 american/javelin/amx front suspension is all the same,
barring a balljoint upgrade mid-'66.

the spring tower sheetmetal is even the same, which makes me wonder if
you could convert a '64-9 american to all balljoint suspension with
'70 javelin/amx spring tower panels.  i know the '69 and '70 amx are
close enough that the fenders, hood, and grille all swap, so the
spring tower panels -should- have the same general outlines.  someone
with a crash book could tell if the '68-9 spring tower panel was the
same part for americans, javelins, and amxes, and if the other inner
fender panels were the same on '68-'70 amxes and/or javelins.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"