From: <Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "AMC/Rambler owners, drivers and fans." <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, July 13, 2008 7:49 PM
Subject: Re: [Amc-list] Rust/metal prep.... AGAIN!

> It's done both ways nowadays.
> Bondo on metal or bondo on primer.
> I understand the reasoning behind both camps.
> B&M figures adhesion.
> B&P figures corrosion resisitance.
> If I have an doubts on a solid backsurface and fear water contacting I
always use waterproof stuff.
> For instance my welded firewall will get a skim of Duraglas or similar. As
will most of my repairs on the vert.
> The American got this treatment and near as I can tell It's at the 10 yr
point soon! Not a bubble or sign of returning corrosion. Sure it has not
gotten driven much, but it has spent one winter outside under a cover and
lots of time in underground garages. I run a dehumidifier in there now, but
not for the first year or so.

> I also find that us "old guys" tend to go to the bondo on metal. The
younger guys go the opposite route.