Re: [Amc-list] Rust/metal prep.... AGAIN!

Re: [Amc-list] Rust/metal prep.... AGAIN!

It's done both ways nowadays.
Bondo on metal or bondo on primer.
I understand the reasoning behind both camps.
B&M figures adhesion.
B&P figures corrosion resisitance.
If I have an doubts on a solid backsurface and fear water contacting I always use waterproof stuff.
For instance my welded firewall will get a skim of Duraglas or similar. As will most of my repairs on the vert.
The American got this treatment and near as I can tell It's at the 10 yr point soon! Not a bubble or sign of returning corrosion. Sure it has not gotten driven much, but it has spent one winter outside under a cover and lots of time in underground garages. I run a dehumidifier in there now, but not for the first year or so.

I also find that us "old guys" tend to go to the bondo on metal. The younger guys go the opposite route.

--
Mark Price
Morgantown, WV

From: Don <don_nsx@xxxxxxxxxxxx>