Re: [Amc-list] Anybody have a 1965 (one year only) Exhaust manifold for

Re: [Amc-list] Anybody have a 1965 (one year only) Exhaust manifold for the 195.6 OHV?

I looked a little closer at mine, and it's toast. The front flange is
cracked right by where the exhaust exits the cylinder head. The back
flange is more like yours - missing a piece, but it holds.

I found a '65 manifold, so will use that when it arrives. Just need to
get the last bolt out and remove the broken stud. I was looking at
this article:
http://www.chevytalk.org/fusionbb/showtopic.php?tid/187938/  - and
ordered a stud removal tool as described in the article (I ordered SKS
stud removal tool - similar,  but hopefully better quality).

If that doesn't do the trick, I'll try some alternatives. If it works,
I'll let folks know.

But headers would be cool! My son swapped out his muffler on his Miata
for a Hyabusa muffler. Instant headache! He now has a custom built
muffler for racing - still very loud and buzzy for daily driving, but
kind of fun in short bursts. Hope you come up with a good alternative!
But motorcycle exhaust might get a bit loud. Still, three pipes
exiting out the driver's side would look (and sound) really cool.

I know what you mean about mulling over in your head, not wallet. I've
decided to do all current and future work on my American using cash in
hand. I give myself a small allowance out of each paycheck - so that
allowance will go to the Rambler. I kind of decimated my cash account
for strut bushings, long e-brake cable, left and right e-brake cables
and some sundries. Will have to save before I do more work (hopefully
the car will be back on the road with the exhaust manifold, strut
bushings and e-brake cables done).

Anyway - the Rambler has turned into a pay as you go project - as it
should be. After all, you can't have a Rambler without a Rambler
mentality!