Re: [Amc-list] Amc-list Digest, Vol 19, Issue 25

Re: [Amc-list] Amc-list Digest, Vol 19, Issue 25

Yeah, send $100 and junk pump and it all comes back perfect. I've done
two myself now, and while it's not a hard job, repair kits plus shipping
is $60 - $70 each! For $100 someone else does the work and you support a
small business. Next time I'll ship 'em out. I've heard it takes a few
weeks.

I've collected a small number of rebuildable pumps for my 195.6, if you
want one it's yours for shipping. 199/232 is slightly different lever
system (they look awfully similar though). They either are fuel only, or
fuel + vacuum booster.

It's easy -- if it attaches to your motor (195.6 vs. 199/232/258 vs.
V8), the other variations are essentially cosmetic.

There are a zillion tiny variations of each that don't matter at all --
with/without the glass bowl, exit straight, exit 90 degrees, built in
hose nipple, thread-in nipple, etc. Unless you're a pure restorer don't
matter at all, just adapt.

If it's the type with a glass bowl, make damn sure the bowl comes with
-- they are hard to find! The filters that go inside are still quite
available. I like the glass-bowl type, personally.