Re: [Amc-list] Engine Cranks Slow When Hot

Re: [Amc-list] Engine Cranks Slow When Hot

Thanks guys.  I hadn't even thought of the starter.  I had this irrational
fear that something was happening inside the engine itself.  I'm planning to
replace the battery in the next couple of weeks, since I "borrowed" it out of
my wife's Javelin to get the Spirit back on the road.  I need to tweak the
carb and the timing anyway, since I finally got the vacuum leak fixed.  If
neither of those fix it, I'll go ahead and replace the starter.  I'm pretty
sure I have a rebuilt one sitting around here somewhere.

Todd