Re: [Amc-list] Engine Cranks Slow When Hot

Re: [Amc-list] Engine Cranks Slow When Hot

Before replacing the starter, clean all of the battery cable connections
and make sure the engine to chassis ground wire is there and in good
condition. If the battery cables are old, I'd replace them before the
starter motor. It is possible that the starter is going bad but its less
expensive to replace the cables first than to replace the starter and
then need new cables anyway.

Matt

On 7/6/2008 11:01 PM, Armand Eshleman spouted this sage advice:
> I'd have to agree with Tom, it's probably a weak starter. Maybe the lube is
> completely dried up in the bushings and the heat makes it tight. Don't
> forget to check all the power connections right down to the starter for
> corrosion.
> Is the timing OK ? I recall hearing of difficulty starting a hot engine if
> the timing is too far advanced.
> Hope this helps.
> Armand

mhaas@xxxxxxx