[Amc-list] Engine Cranks Slow When Hot

I've noticed something odd with my Spirit.  If the car is thoroughly warmed
up, and I make a short stop (say 15 minutes), the engine cranks noticeably
slower when I start it.  As it turns over a few times it speeds up, and it
starts just fine.  My first thought is some sort of heat issue.  Maybe the
battery is getting marginal (it's several years old) and the heat is
affecting it.  Or maybe the heat is affecting the engine itself somehow.

Any ideas on what to check?

Thanks,

Todd