Re: [Amc-list] BBD Saga

Not sure if I mentioned this, but my rusty tanked '82 Spirit has 3 filters inline. A sediment bowl and see thru plastic NAPA filter (23002 IIRC) and a factory-type 3 line filter just before the carb. Still have to empty them once a month.

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Fulton [mailto:piper_pa20@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, June 23, 2008 11:20 AM
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Amc-list] BBD Saga

Earlier I boasted that my newly remanufactured BBD carb was performing
fine and didn't suffer from the poor idle problem reported by others.

Well, my Gremlin sat for a couple of weeks while I was busy with another
car before I got around to changing the fuel pump due to fuel dilution.
The car began to have a very unstable idle and then would not idle at
all, especially on a cold start.  I checked the many vacuum lines (77
model Gremlin) and I did find one damaged vacuum hose and one suspect
hose.  I replaced them and the idle improved but was still not stable
like when I first got the carb.  I haven't looked down the throat for
dripping fuel yet, but I suspect that the idle jets are plugged.  I have
a fuel filter ahead of the carb.  Is there anything else I can do to
prevent a recurrence?  Two fuel filters inline?

Joe Fulton