[Amc-list] Days of Whine & Roses

From: Frank Swygert <farna@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Amc-list] Days of Whine & Roses

Of course we can't execute or prosecute someone for making a killer profit. Nationalizing the refineries would be unconstitutional (confiscating private property) as well, and I don't think the government is the best entity to run them.

Both prosecuting and nationalization are not realistic -- any congressman who thinks so is an idiot and has no idea about how a refinery or the economy in a free country works.

..

Really........say... is it dark up there ?

Perhaps before your time, but recall the Air Traffic Controllers Strike under the watchfull eye
of the much vaunted Republican Hollywood Actor nee President Regan:

Air Traffic Controllers struck for improvements, that genuinely were needed as the FAA were
ignoring Safety issues.

The President gave them 'Fair Warning'.

They stuck to their Guns - and every last one of them lost their Jobs - Nationwide - and
were not permitted to be re_hired - period.

Ours is a Free Country as long as what you're doing isn't negatively impacting the Nation as a whole.

When it does and you've bitten the hand bearing the Olive Branch enough times, chances are you'll
find you and yours at the sharp pointy end of a deeply penetrating stick.

Only idiots believe otherwise.

The repeated Senate Hearings at which the Oil Company CEO's illustrated just how little they were
interested in our Nations current and future Economic well being are coming home to roost - like a
Howitzer 105mm.

The last Hearing had the Corp. Execs stating bluntly to the Committee,  that they were in Business answering to share holders seeking profitable returns on investment.

They defended their position by saying Retirement Pensions were heavily invested in them as if this alone
provided Economic stability to the Nation.

A few also told the Committee that they were not going to have Ethanol E-85 at their filling stations
since they did not produce the Ethanol.

Overall, they didn't like the idea of Electric Vehicles or Hybrids, as their product is Petroleum
and these meant less sales and less profitable returns.

How could our Government expect these
gentlemen to do things that would return less profit to their share holders ?

In short, they believe they've got the Nation by the short hairs and there's nothing anyone can
do about it - let alone a fumbbling Senate Hearing Committee who didn't hear them correctly the first time round.

Their ever increasing Profits when compared Quarterly against the last
Senate Hearings negated any compassion toward true laissez-faire Capitalism old school Bush League style.

Wall St. , who traditionally love 'Rocket Ride Charting' of a stock or commodity is saying they've
enjoyed the incredible run up in Oil Pricing - but that it has taken out our Nations' Economic well being
as well as negatively impacting various world trading partners - and that something has to be done.

In essence - they're not against Nationalizing Oil Refineries and aren't collectively saying much to the
contrary.

To the Wolves Baby !  Screw You and Your Hundred Dollar Fill Ups Too !

As to Government involvement:

I'm an Independent Populist and don't sing the 'returning the government to you by less government'
is better mind set  - cooked up by recent Political Spin.

That view is for suckers.

Regulation gets enacted for a reason - only the swindlers want less regulation as has been
shown with this Administrations performance over the last eight years.

The mood now in Washington is 'Put Energy on a War Footing' - or lose.

Most Energy Producing Nations have a Nationalized Energy Sector.

Our Energy Production is run by a group of private profiteers not interested in anything beyond
Quarterly Reports.

Leaving our Nations Energy Production in the control of those only seeking maximized profits
makes the same sense as leaving the Health Care Availability in the hands of those seeking to deny
access to insure their profitability.

Personally I'd like to see our Energy Sector Nationalized.

The Army Corp of Engineers could handle recruitment, training, exploration, drilling and delivery logistics.

There would be High School Graduates aplenty signing up with the prospect of job stability and benefits.

Gas Stations would be owned by Ma & Pa again - not the Fuel providing Corporation.

EXXON - Mobil are getting out of Fueling Station ownership.

Read that on the Drudgereport.com
just the other day.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 080619-0, 06/19/2008
Tested on: 6/19/2008 11:52:48 AM