Re: [Amc-list] Hornet evap

Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Anyone have an A/C setup in or from a Hornet?
> I have an evap box from the 73 I parted out years ago, was thinking about mocking it up to fit against my Americans heater box.
>    I don't know if it's worth the effort as I don't know how good the output is on newer Freons.

h134a systems are JUST FINE. Talk to Arizona people -- they take A/C
very seriously.

My 75 Gremlin had a stock under dash setup, a Sanden compressor, stock?
condenser, and 134a, and ran cold as ice.

I went all VintageAir in the Rambler wagon. No regrets there! 134a. Cold!

Here's one for you -- flare fittings suck! The old stuff is all or
mostly flare. Hard to find too. Cheapskate factory used small hoses
(lower performance). Hotrod stuff is a bolt-up. I left the hoses extra
long so I coudl take the under dash unit off and sit it on the seat, and
the compressor off to one side. Factor couldn't afford to do stuff like
that.

If (when!) I do it a 3rd time? Hot rod route!

> I'd prefer not to use an underdash unit for the look.

Yeah. though there;s a "mini" under dash unit that looks period. Couple
hundred $.

Don't forget to remove the knockout at the top of the hump so you can
let the water drain outside!