Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 07:57:13 -0400
From: Frank Swygert <farna@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Amc-list] Shock absorbing goodness!
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx

The strut rod bushings aren't hard to change, but you need to jack the
control arm up or keep weight on the suspension (ramps, something under
wheel, etc.) to get them off. If you try with the wheel off the ground
you'll never get the bracket to bolt back on, and it will be harder to
get off due to binding on the bolts. To take them off remove the nut on
the strut rod then unbolt the bracket, pull bracket back, pull bushings
off, put new ones on, bracket, then nut. It may be more complicated
depending on the exact model you have. The one-piece bushings on 62-70
(maybe a bit later) are a little harder, the bushing is usually tack
welded to the strut rod. If you have the adjustable type (nut in front
of bushing as well as behind) with two piece bushings it's much easier.