[Amc-list] Torque Tube Trunnion Seal

I thought you'd mentioned that Dave. I believe 62 was an entire transitions year -- the 63 big car front suspension and drivetrain was used, still in the old style 56-62 body. Most assume the drivetrain and body go together, probably what the author of the ad thought, and it's a natural assumption. Most cars, including most other AMCs, change everything at the same time.

-----------------------
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 13:47:57 -0700 (PDT)
From: d stohler <das24rules@xxxxxxxxx>

Frank said:
The add says up to 62, but I'm not sure that 62s used
the old style two bolts with springs torque tube, at
least not all models. The 62 TSM shows the 63-66 four
bolt style torque tube on the auto trans for sure.

Dave's reply:
i can say for SURE that my 62 classic 196/t96 has the
later style t-tube w/ 4 bolts. i have had it apart and
know for SURE. maybe 62 was the change over year so
some got one, some got the other??

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"