Re: [Amc-list] What's a really nice 1984 Eagle Sedan worth ??

A: I have cured the lag to reverse several ways. Adjusting the bands was the most common (I'd put in a new Teflon coated ring in the accumulator and low reverse plunger at the same time). The other was a can of STP engine oil treatment in the trans oil. (easiest to put into the pan just before reinstalling it) I have revived nearly dead Mopar type trans (and even the TH400 in my '73 J4000) this way and kept them going way beyond normal expectations. (Could be my imagination, but fuel economy seems better too)

From: Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Amc-list] What's a really nice 1984 Eagle Sedan worth ??
To: amundaza@xxxxxxxxx, "AMC/Rambler owners,	drivers and fans."
	<amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

That's a hard call to make.
What's it worth to you?
Could be anywhere from a $1000 car on up!
>From the osunds  of it, it needs a first hand look see to determine it's value depending a lot on what possible rust issues are hiding under it?
  A lot of times these low mileage cars have hidden demons.
Look it over very carefully, especially the inner rockers as they are kind of hidden witht he claddign and all. You can only really see the bottom edge so they can be gone and go unnoticed by a casual glance.
   Also if it has a vunyl top check around the rear glass carefully too.

Don't forget axle boots!

Check for delayed engagement into reverse when it's first started. They usually run a long time this way, but it is an issue with some of them.

enough doom and gloom for now...

Good luck!

--
Mark Price