Re: [Amc-list] Pulstar Plugs Review

$25 each for spark plugs???  I would have to see
data from more than one 300 mile round trip
before committing to something like that.  What
is your long term average fuel economy since you
have been keeping track?  Over how many miles was
that?  Keep measuring your fuel economy on that
car and report back when you have accumulated a
statistically significant number of fill-ups.

I am a skeptic, and will file this along with
Split-Fire and other snake-oil spark plug
configurations until I see hard data for
substantially more than a single tank of gas.

I would also be interested in data on carbureted
engines, where fuel metering isn't nearly as
precise as it is on fuel injected engines.

One thing to be concerned with in this kind of
testing is observer bias.  Because you just
dropped $100 on plugs, you may have changed your
driving style slightly without even knowing it.

An interesting experiment would be to take two
identically prepped cars and send two drivers out
over the same course for 10 tanks of gas.  Pull
both into the garage and change plugs; one with
standard plugs and the other with these Pulstar
plugs.  Tell both drivers (a) nothing, or (b)
that they both got the new type of plug.  Send
them out for another ten tanks worth of
driving.  Note any differences in fuel economy.

--Glen