-------------
Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 18:27:01 -0700 (PDT)
From: Greg Taylor <amundaza@xxxxxxxxx>

I ran the Offy Dual-Port 258 intake on my CJ-5, with a 390 Holley.  Was
great.
   Another option to the Holley 390-cfm is the new Truck Avenger 470-cfm
4-bbl.  They're a bit pricey, but would fit the bill.  They also sell a
'low rider' version of it, but I would suspect it's the same carb.
Quite a few FSJ guys like the 670-cfm Truck Avenger on their offroad Jeeps.
   Just as a side note, I ran a 780 Holley on my full-time 4wd Eagle
(258-4-speed).  This was on a stock intake with a 4-bbl to 2-bbl adapter
flipped over.  It ran GREAT, unless I really hammered the throttle down
... then it would big "a bit", LOL!
   Another option would be to find a Holley Economaster Quadrajet carb.
It's a Q-jet style carb, with the same diameter primary and secondary
bores.  They're rated at 450-cfm and designed to replace a Q-jet on
350-455 CID stock engines.  I picked up a NOS one from Ebay for the
stroker 304 build.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"