Re: [Amc-list] Holley 4-bbls for the 258 (was Webers)

Re: [Amc-list] Holley 4-bbls for the 258 (was Webers)

Frank,
  My Holley Economaster has the electric choke on it.

  Greg :)  <><

Frank Swygert <farna@xxxxxxx> wrote:
  The dual port manifold is much better fro street use than the single
port racing intake I'm using, that made a big difference!
The Jeepers get by running the bigger carbs because they run higher rpms
than most street cars and bigger cams. I would never run anything more
than 500 cfm on a 258 with a stock (or even mild performance) cam.
I looked seriously at the Holley Econo Master carbs. The only reason I
didn't get one was the choke. They were made for Chevys and use a coil
spring in the intake, not on the carb. Could have converted to manual
choke, but wanted an auto.
For a new carb the 465 @ around $300 sounds like the best all-around
deal. The Holley 390 is around $500-$600 new.