Re: [Amc-list] Holley 4-bbls for the 258 (was Webers)

Re: [Amc-list] Holley 4-bbls for the 258 (was Webers)

Just a quick follow-up.  I looked in the latest PAW catalog I have and they list a 465-cfm Holley 4-bbl for around $300 ... a bit cheaper than the $400+ 470-cfm Truck Avenger.

  Sincerely,
  Greg Taylor :)  <><

  P.S.  There is another way to manually adjust, external to the carb, the air/fuel mixture of ANY size carb.  It uses vacuum to do so and helps to improve gas mileage, as well.  It's called a carburetor enhancer, which puts a slight vacuum on the bowl vents.  for more information : http://eagle-research.com/products/pfuels.html .... I'll be running these on the stroker motor.

Greg Taylor <amundaza@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    I ran the Offy Dual-Port 258 intake on my CJ-5, with a 390 Holley.  Was great.

  Another option to the Holley 390-cfm is the new Truck Avenger 470-cfm 4-bbl.  They're a bit pricey, but would fit the bill.  They also sell a 'low rider' version of it, but I would suspect it's the same carb.  Quite a few FSJ guys like the 670-cfm Truck Avenger on their offroad Jeeps.