Re: [Amc-list] SR-4/T-4 in an American

Hmm.... imagine it. I know 100% that I was using a multi pattern bell, that's what the SR-4 came off of. So it's possible I am mistaken, that the top holes on the T-96 and SR-4 aren't the same. It was a while ago, and I simply forgot about the multi-pattern bell until you mentioned it! If I hadn't said "I'm positive" everything would have been okay and I wouldn't have made such a mistake, but...

-------------
Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 10:20:49 -0400 (EDT)
From: adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Sandwich Maker)

this nags at me.  i haven't actually had the trannies and bells
together, but from all i've read they are not the same, starting with
the bolt pattern pg in the advance adapters cat.  also, the pic in
http://www.calponycars.com/prodDetail.php?prodId=371 clearly shows
widely separate holes - which afaik agree with the aa data - and going
by tom's statement that the top inner ones exactly match the amc t96...

but i can't imagine you making this kind of mistake either, even if
you were using a multipattern bell drilled for both trannies.
--
there looks to be plenty of room on the cal pony plate for rambler-
spaced lower holes.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"